10 Futuristic Concept Cars To Drive Us In The Future
We’ve scoured our data and highlighted the cars that offer the best mix of value, performance, and appeal. This special issue provides an overview of the most fabulous car concepts and makes a first stab at integrating the best 10 automobiles. These aren’t necessarily the cheapest cars, but each one offers something special, right from design, performance, eco-friendliness, we have it all!
• The Concept: A futuristic car concept that blends the driver and his vehicle as one with the help of genetic engineering, biotechnology and artificial intelligence.
• The Designer: Arturo Peralta
• The Machine: Just like a rider connects with his horse, the driver of this car connects himself with the automobile with the help of genetic engineering, biotechnology and artificial intelligence. The vehicle grows and learns along with its driver and becomes a machine that recognizes the needs, emotion and feelings of its driver without any external assistance.
• Pivo 2:
• The Concept: An advanced electric concept car.
• The Designer: Nissan Motor Co.
• The Machine: This fully electric vehicle brags a 360-degree turning cabin, 90-degree turning wheels and employs by-wire technologies for braking and steering. The compact design can twirl the bubble-shaped cabin and wheels independently to aid easy parking.
• The Concept: The winged lord of future vehicles.
• The Designer: Ceri Yorath
• The Machine:The car that changes color, shape, dynamics, to convey the speed and movement and balances elegance with its powerful look is something to be on the lookout for.
• The Concept: An electric 3 wheeled light-weight vehicle.
• The Designer: Higgins-Aube Inc
• The Machine: This three-wheeled vehicle that looks like a race car has an engine that’s designed to possess nearly 200hp and weighs around 350kg. The half-doors provide access to the cockpit and also provide side-impact protection. The car is very lightweight and is meant to achieve 0-100kmph in 4 seconds, and has a lateral acceleration in excess of 1 G.
• Round car concept:
• The Concept: Space saving car that’s designed to make head’s swirl.
• The Designer: Matus Prochaczka
• The Machine: This Futuristic car is a modern day round car concept designed to save space and unnecessary accessories. It’s a one-seater that looks like a wheel in which you sit and drive.
• Aston Martin DBGT:
• The Concept: Zero emission vehicle and derives its hydrogen from a process of electrolysis.
• The Designer: Brendan Woolsey
• The Machine: This car of the future holds all its special magic under its hood. Its 6 liter V12 engine goes from 0 to 62 mph in 4.3 seconds. The two really strong assets are the sports bodywork and its fuel plans since it’s powered by a tank full of water that splits it into hydrogen and oxygen.
• Peugeot’s VERSatile Feline:
• The Concept: Peugeot’s electric stunner.
• The Designer: David Vega
• The Machine: This car is powered by four electric motors, each mounted in the wheels with the rims’ design acting as ventilators. Enormous amount of space can be saved by moving the seats that allow the two-seater to alter its shape. Since it’s juiced by four motors (one per wheel) it can to rotate on its center by inverse rotation of the wheels.
• Volkswagen T-6:
• The Concept: This Volkswagen Concept is something that takes technology of the future and puts it in a design of the future.
• The Designer: Alexander Zhukovsky
• The Machine: What would you say about a car that can be a mobile office that combines the functions of a working place with comfort of a business-class car? Sheer awesomeness right, well I think so too! The wheels are removed onto the periphery of the car body and revolve around the two cylinders. Thus the assembling in “T-6” helps to save enough space.
• The Concept: A three wheeled bike cum car that runs on bio-fuels
• The Designer: Jonathan Mahieddine
• The Machine: The unique amalgam of bike and a car with wing-like doors makes it easy to hop in and out. It has a handle, which can be used for steering. The fuel apparently is derived from hydrogen and electricity, which are produced by bacteria that feeds on impure water, resulting in a stylish yet eco-sensitive automobile.
• 2030 Concept car:
• 2030 car: Solar power car.
• The Designer: Mihai Stamati
• The Machine: This solar powered mini form has a top speed of 30 Km/hr and can carry 4 people. It’s said to accommodate more people in its larger and complete version. However this one certainly does fit the bill for good eye-candy.